The U.S. Embassy in Moldova is pleased to announce the 2017 annual competitions for the Fulbright Scholar Program, the Fulbright Faculty Development Program, and the Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program for the 2018-2019 academic year.
The Fulbright Scholar Program awards non-degree grants to senior researchers, university lecturers, or experts in various fields who have a doctoral degree, or equivalent professional experience, to conduct research in the United States.
The Fulbright Faculty Development Program provides Moldovan junior university professors who have at least two years of professional experience an opportunity to explore curriculum development and teaching methodology in the United States.
The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program is a one-year, full scholarship program offered to mid-career professionals who have a proven track record of leadership, public service commitment, and the capacity to take full advantage of a self-defined program of independent study at one of the leading universities in the United States. The program awards a certificate from the U.S. Government, but it is not designed to deliver an advanced degree.
- Citizenship of the Republic of Moldova and permanent residence in the country (permanent residents of the Transnistrian region may be considered regardless of citizenship)
- Eligibility for a U.S. J-1 visa (two-year home-country residence requirement)
- A detailed statement of proposed activity for research at a U.S. institution
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Other specific requirements may apply to each program
The programs offer equal opportunities to all applicants and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national or ethnic origin, native language, handicap or disability.
On-line applications must be submitted by June 5, 2017. For more information, please send an e-mail to email@example.com
For the online application and more information on the Fulbright Scholar Program, please click here.
For more information and the online application for the Fulbright Faculty Development Program, please click here (PDF 24 KB).