CALL FOR EVS VOLUNTEER FOR “YOUTH POWER SPACE” PROJECT IN ROMANIA
“Youth Power Space ” EVS project will take place in Baia Mare city and its surroundings– Cavnic, Copalnic Manastur and Somcuta Mare (North-West Romania) with 6 months service, between 1st of October 2017 and 31st March 2018.
The project partner organizations are:
Verein4YOUgend(Austria), Ville de Nevers(France),Vicolocorto(Italy), ProAtlântico – Associação Juvenil(Portugal),Asociación Building Bridgesm(Spain),Stichting UcDean (The Netherlands).
“Youth Power Space” brings together 6 EVS volunteers for a period of 6 months (01.10.2017-31.03.2018) and throughout the programs to promote inclusion and civic involvement by empowering children and youth, including those with fewer opportunities, to become Ambassadors of the community, supporting diversity, tolerance, initiative, critical thinking, equality, initiative to create a society build on the principles of democracy and respect for human rights.
– inclusive programs for children and young people with fewer opportunities in Baia Mare, Cavnic, foster care homes, Hungarian school, refugees centre from Somcuta Mare
– own workshops Youth Power Space
– personal development programs for children and pre-teens
– clubs on leadership and civic engagement education, on human rights, No Hate Speech
– YMCA Youth Parliament program on civic engagement
– Romanian language course
– media and ITC workshops
– community projects
– meetings with youth from other NGOs.
The volunteers will receive several trainings about the organization, the different programs, teambuilding, on non formal education, working with children and youth, civic engagement, civic educatiion, conflict management, leadership, time management, intercultural education, human rights, etc.
The program is extremely varied, with activities, participatory methods that stimulate learning, creativity, active involvement, initiative, reflection.
EVS volunteer profile:
Young people with age between 18-30 who:
– are citizens or legal residents of the Partner Countries
– are enthusiastic , willing tho share knowledge, abilities, creativity
– are interested and motivated to implement social inclusion and civic engagement programs/activities
– are dedicated to this EVS opportunity , determined to create a successful EVS service
– are interested to organize different events with and for youth
– are interested about non formal educational
– have basic English knowledge
– are facing difficulties : socially, economically, geographically, unemployment, school drop out, coming from minority community, from single parent family, from conflict area, foster care, etc.
A working week consists of 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday between different hours as in schedule. Weekends are days off. If some events/activities take place during the weekend, volunteers will get days off during the week. Besides, the volunteers will receive two days of holiday per month. Volunteers are supposed to announce his or her vacation plans with their coordinator at least 2 weeks before.
The volunteers will receive monthly food allowance. Local transportation to programs outside the city of Baia Mare will be done by buses( local bus companies) and will be supported by organization.
Volunteers will receive monthly allowance/pocket money in amount of 60 euro. Volunteers will be accommodated in one house/apartment with shared rooms (2 persons per room), kitchen, bathroom. The house/apartment will be equipped with all necessary utilities for living. Volunteers are responsible of keeping the apartment and rooms clean. Internet will be provided in the house and in the office.
Volunteers will attend Romanian language lessons weekly. Also they will get support from their coordinator, staff, volunteers and mentor.
More details about the project,the EVS service and hosting country:youthpowerspaceinfopack_evs_romania
The deadline to apply is 15 of July 2017.
Send your CV and fill the application form to firstname.lastname@example.org till 15.07.2017.
The project is funded by European Union through Erasmus Plus Program.